Wednesday 14 October 2015

Language Barriers: Tête, épaules, genoux et pieds

I'm about half an hour away from finishing the second block of my Spanish course. Hurray! It's taken me rather longer than I intended, mostly because my attention span is appalling.

On the plus side, it does seem to be sinking in and I'm fairly confident I can understand the basics. Question is, do I carry on into block 3 or do I take a break?

Nah. Let's go with neither of the above. I'm going to give Spanish a break for a bit (read... a month or two?) and refresh my French instead. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

I learned French when I was little, so how hard can it be to catch up on the basics? I can introduce myself, say I don't understand and I know way too many silly things like animals and colours.

Oh, and I can sing Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes. Which I mentioned to my teacher at primary school when we were learning French and then she asked me to teach it to the class. I think I refused...

So I figure I'll do the first block of French lessons (1-40 on Coffee Break French) and then I'll go back to Spanish.

I'm hoping I might get to use the French relatively soon, since I'm trying to talk a friend into going abroad for the first time. We're currently torn between Paris (so she doesn't have to get on a plane) and Krakow.

Oooh, I wonder if I can find some Polish lessons. Anyone know of any good resources I should dig out?

Short post is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment