Monday 30 May 2016

Snapshots: Stratford-upon-Avon

I've just spent a lovely weekend in Stratford-upon-Avon with my sister. In between seeing both Cymbeline and Hamlet at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, we had a wander around the town and down the Avon. It's a pretty little place so I thought I'd share some photos.

Willows along the River Avon at Stratford

A pleasant stroll down the river brought us along to the Holy Trinity Church, site of Shakespeare's grave. The church wasn't open but it looked pretty from the outside.


We also spent a lot of time sitting in the square outside the theatre, enjoying the sunshine.


The second day we were there, there was some lovely live music in the square as well. It reminded me of Paris for some reason.



You can get some really nice Thai food from Giggling Squid, which I checked out just because of the funny name. It's also in a really cool old building.



We also checked out a few cool little statues. Amy decided to sit with Falstaff.



And then we found the Fool in the town centre.


Lovely weekend. Possibly more on the trip later when Amy gets round to writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment