Monday 5 January 2015

To the land of ice and fire

Overdramatic title, much.

Anyhoos, holiday officially starts today. At 4:30pm. When I escape from work to get a train to Gatwick. Nevermind the fact that our flight isn't until tomorrow.

I hope everyone is impressed with my ability to pack five days' worth of stuff into a carry-on bag. I am the queen of packing. Oh yeah. Let's ignore the little voice in my head insisting that I've forgotten something. I haven't. I triple checked my packing list.

Moving on. As with New Zealand, let us have a shortlist of things I'm most looking forward to.
  • Geological geekery
  • Aurora Borealis
  • A final relaxing afternoon/evening in the Blue Lagoon
To be fair, that covers most of what we're doing, but there's also the two so far free days that we've not booked things for. There's plenty of little museums and galleries and whatnot in Reykjavik to explore, so I'm sure that'll be awesome too.

Currently, the Met Office says that in Reykjavik it's 0° and feels like -6°. It's also going to snow. Oh hurray for thermal layers...

Now to stop worrying about the train...

No comments:

Post a Comment